Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rain on our parade

Yesterday was our first 24th of July celebration here in the Gila Valley. It was pouring rain right before I dropped the girls off to be in the parade. Luckily, it lightened up to a sprinkle for the festivities and even though we were soaked, we had a lot of fun!My little pioneers before the parade and rain!
Our ward's float, the girls were sitting on the opposite side though
I gave up trying to keep Nate dry. I took off his socks, rolled up his pants and let him run through the gutters. Best day of his life.
At the end of the day, we sat on our front yard fence and enjoyed the awesome view we had of the fireworks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the girls looked adorable!!

Sparks Haven said...

Our favorite is the photo of Nate in the gutter, sloshing thru the water!!!! Of course the girls are cute, too! You are good parents!

tricia said...

I love your blog and your kids. I could squeeze them.

lizlaughs said...

It was so fun to see you guys on the 24th!