Sunday, September 12, 2010

Feed the birds

The other morning, as we were driving away from dropping Carter off, Gabby said, "I just really don't like it when Carter has to go school." So to help Gabby transition to school schedules again, I have been spending more one-on-one time with her during Nate's naps. Sometimes we will read or play games but this day we decided to take on a project. We made little bird feeders to hang in the trees. Gabs did most of the project all by herself!
The finished product
And it made the long afternoon seem shorter
(Looks like someone had a little sample of the peanut butter :)

3 comments:

marshall and chelsea said...

Good job Gabs! Those birds are going to love it!

Sparks Haven said...

Oh, she is so happy! Good for you--she gets "alone time" with mom!

One of my favorite memories is getting "my night" with my Mother. We got to stay up 1/2 hour after everyone else went to bed and do something just with her. With 8 kids, it took 2 weeks to get around to our weeknight turn. I'm glad she did it, as my dad worked evenings. Anyway, I cherished that memory so much that I did similar things, but like you, during someone else's nap, or taking just them to grocery shop, et. Didn't work once they got to Jr High & H.S.---so dissappointed!---so I'm glad I didn't put it off!!!

Your kiddos are so blessed to have you as a mom!!! Love, Diane

Mandy said...

good job, Gabby. Solomon loves birds too. we got a bird house and he put bird food inside. now we have bird come for party all the time. it is fun to watch them from our own back yard.