she is really a potty training trouble-maker! Yes, Carter is 3 1/2 and still not all the way potty trained. She has it all figured out she just does not want to do it. So frustrating. I feel like I have tried everything, so I am putting this out there. Any advice?

7 comments:
Sorry taht I have never potty trained a child, I have no advice! I do want to say that we have not spoken in a while and I'm wondering if I still have an older sister! How have you been? I'm going to call you tomorrow so we can "catch up" even though nothing is new in my life. I loved the story you e-mailed Amy. You have to post it!
Lets see I have potty trained three kids but yet I still don't know what advice I could give. Every child is so different. The only thing I know is that I found it helpful not to do the whole pull up thing. Just go straight to underwear all the way. Day and night. If I think of any real advice I will let you know. Finally the weather is starting to warm up a little. I am crossing my fingers it stays this way.
I potty trained 4 children, my suggestion would be to hug her, give her cheek a little pinch and tell her how cute she is. ha ha. I am sure she is loving seeing how frustrated you have become. I will try to help when you come down next week.
Is that Lori mom? Did she sign up so she can comment? ha ha!
Silly Carter! Wish I had some advice for you, but seeing as how my son is OLDER than your daughter, and still not potty-trained, not even a little bit, I just would be NO help to you! I can use some advice too. But, I'm thinking I'M part of the problem here. I just HATE it and I give up! On to better things...I love the new look of your blog! Almost didn't recognize it! Micah says "Hi" to Carter...he's still awake...but of course...as is Carter, I'm guessing! Our crazy tots! Love them!
Hi Holly! I came across your blog and thought I'd say hi! When we ran into you guys at Toys R Us I thought you were expecting. What a cute little addition to the Sparks family. I hear your pain on the potty training thing. Todd wasn't fully trained until he was 1 month shy of four. It sucks! Just be consistant. That's the best advice. There will be accidents, lots of them, but one day it will just click. There is no magic number, so be consistant and patient. She'll get it. Good luck and tell Robert hello!
Kasey Turner
Holly, nice new BLOG!
I agree with Jenny. Every kid is different. "Scare tactics" (sp?) are what worked for Ellie. She pooped in her pants the first day I put panties on her.. & I went out to go shopping. BAD IDEA! But, we were at down town MAIN STREET, by Mango's & there was a huge PIG statue. I told Ellie that the pig was gonna bite her if she pooped in her pants any more! She believed it & has never pooped in any underware since.. & that was before she was 3. Next kid will probably be the devil & wear diapers in 1st grade still! I know, I am so mean, but that is what works for Elle.
AND, I love the pictures of Carter. She is such a charactor!
Post a Comment