Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Se-doughnut


Yesterday, we took a litttle day trip to Sedona. Gabby thought we were going to Sedoughnut, which made us laugh. We stopped to eat lunch at a cute little cafe. We walked in and had the only kids in the place. Robert and I were getting a little nervous but, thankfully, the girls were very well behaved and made friends with the waitresses. Outside, they had this fun kaleidoscope/flower pot. The flower pot spun around to make the images in the kaleidoscope. The girls loved it!

Next, we headed to the trout farm. It is a pond full of rainbow trout that you can fish from. We have never actually fished there but you can feed the fish little pellets you buy from the vending machine. The fish go crazy and start jumping out of the water to get to the food. It is fun for the kids to watch.

On the way home, we stopped at some of the merchant tables that are set up all through the canyon. Carter wanted a souvenir she could take to show-and-tell. She chose a marble gem with a Rt.66 logo on top. Funny, because we were not even on Rt.66. It was a fun day and we were glad to take a little break, even if doughnuts weren't involved, right Gabs?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

AshEnds said...

Holly your little girls are so very cute. I am so glad I found your blog. I am excited for you to have a little boy, I sure love my little guy. Hope to hear from you soon.
Ashley Stuart Endsley

Amy said...

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wendy said...

We went to the trout farm a while back. My boys LOVED it! very cheap entertainment.

Lori said...

Gabby, I want to go to Sedoughnut too! Let's take a trip there together, I think it is only about a mile from Grammy's house.