This has probably been my favorite Mother's Day yet and I think that this quote from Elder Ballard's conference talk summarizes why:
Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments. She said: "The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less" (Loud and Clear [2004], 10-11).
I have really taken this message to heart and have been trying to enjoy the little things more. That's why today has been such a good day, we just enjoyed being together!
Happy Mother's Day to all our wonderful Mother's/Grandmother's! We love you!

6 comments:
I love that quote as well. Your little girls are darling! I am glad that your mother's day turned out so great!
Lots of Love,
Jeni
What a great quote and so important to be reminded to enjoy all the little things. Happy Mothers Day!!
gabby walking in your shoes=hilarious! i also loved that talk! happy mother's day sis!
YOu are such a good mom! Much like our Momma! Happy Mom's Day!
I loved that quote as well, and have been trying very hard to take it to heart. Thanks for the reminder again. This year was my favorite mother's day as well. I think I'm finally settling into being a mom, and loving it!
Good Job Holly! As your mother it makes me happy that you are learning things I wished I had learned earlier. I am glad you are enjoying those sweet little girls, you are a wonderful example of a patient, loving mother, (except when potty training) LOL.
Love you lots!!!
Post a Comment