Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Deer Farm

Today, we took a trip to the deer farm near Williams, AZ. It was really fun and, in a way, it was kind of better than the zoo. We got to see a pig, camel, reindeer, goats, peacocks, mini-horses, mini-cows, llamas, marmoset, coatimundi, some little Shrek-like donkeys and of course, deer. We got to go right up to most of the animals and even got to feed the deer.
The deer know exactly who is holding the food. They aren't shy.
Gabby got to meet RT's twin. He looked just like him only without the cape.
Carter actually fed a deer from her hand...a small miracle as Carter prefers the stuffed animals in the gift shop.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lori said...

How fun! I wish that I could have been with you. Dad & I need to plan a trip up to just do something fun like that. But right now don't ask me when...life is crazy.

Anonymous said...

way to go carter!!! and i'm surprised that gabby didn't get kicked by one of the deer or anything! ha ha! can we have a little moment of silence for rt??? .......................... thanks.

Staci said...

Yay for the WILLIAMS DEER FARM!!! I grew up going to that deer farm at LEAST once a summer!!! (Our cabin is not far from there) I have "Deer Farm" cups from DECADES ago! I still love it to this day...you are never to old to feed the animals:)

Looks like you had fun & I'm impressed Carter fed the animals!

Jeni said...

At first glance I did not see that the deer Carter was on was fake. Having seen a few skittish, FAST deer I was completely shocked they had tamed it so well & you had allowed her on! Glad you guys had fun!

Love,
Jeni

rhodesfamily said...

i'm so jealous of all these camping pictures! it looks so beautiful! this stupid utah winter weather hasn't permitted a camping trek yet!! it's driving me crazy! holy cow, do i want to go to that deer farm! mini horses-are you kidding me?! :) it sounds so fun! and the word goat brings back all sorts of happy utah state memories of my great roomie, holly :) your girls are gorgeous! meg