Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I need a better title than "Update" but I can't think of one.

Well I think I was a little premature when I used small to describe the stroke she had. Maybe I was trying to soften it for us. There were some good things that happened yesterday. She got up and walked to a chair. She was very dizzy and she didn't feel too good after but the doctor is surprised at how coordinated she is. She was also moved out of ICU yesterday and is in the main part of the hospital. She had a few more tests done and we are still waiting for a lot of the blood tests to come back. They say that could take more than a week for those tests to come back. They are doing a test later today where they look at her heart through her food tube so she can't eat anything right now, so any of you that know her know that she is not happy about that. She ate almost all of her dinner last night and fed herself fine.

She was able to watch Dancing with the Stars last night. She is sharing a room and we got lucky that the lady put it on so we didn't have to fight her. They have ordered physical, occupational and speech therapy for her. She is getting kind of sick of all the tests but has had pretty good spirits throughout it all. I have read her everyone of your comments and she LOVES to hear them. The Doctor told us yesterday that if she keeps doing good, she could go home Wednesday or Thursday. We will see what they say today. None of the doctors have come around yet today, and they may just come after her test. Our plan is to take her to the valley to be with family as soon as she gets out of the hospital. I think she would love visitors although she is a little self-conscious of her speech. We can feel your prayers and know that she is doing well because of them. Thank you.

Edit: They just rescheduled the heart test to tomorrow so she gets to eat.

14 comments:

Paige said...

Holly, I am so sorry to hear all of this. I am thinking about you and your sweet family. Get Better Soon.

Paige

The Standrings said...

holly we're thinking about and praying for you and your family!

jmcrosby said...

You have raised some great girls. They are doing Barbie's hair at barbie.com right now and are all ready to play with their friends. They slept well and even ate all of their oatmeal. I hope my kids eat their oatmeal. I know they miss you and will be excited to see you again soon. Love you so much!!

The Shepherd Family said...

Holly and Robert,
We want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We are so excited for your progress Holly and know that Heavenly Father has a hand in everything that happens in our lives. We know you will be blessed and are such an example to so many people.
We are excited to see your family. Good luck on your boards Robert.
Love,
The Shepherds

Lisa said...

Yuck a feeding tube!!! When I had Landon I loved having a cathader. No millon trips to the bathroom with lots of pain. I was super sad when they took it out. Keep up the positive outlook, so many people are rooting for you! And for a good laugh think of that 17 pound baby on my blog. Good thing we didn't have to deliver that one:)

My Mom says: "Heres to more pajama parties when you get home"

darbs said...

Hi Holly!! I hope that you are doing ok! But just think how fast you are gonna lose the baby weight eating all of that hospital food! I'm super jealous of that. We love you and are praying for a speedy recovery.

granny said...

Just want you to know the Dixon fam is praying for you! Holly may not even know who we are but Robert and us go way back...and we know Becky and Amy. So sorry to hear about your troubles, but know our hearts and prayers are with you.

Hamblins said...

I'm so sorry this has happened to you guys. Are family is praying for you and we love you guys. But I have to say that your little guy is so dang cute. I had my baby on Feb 18th so I can't wait to get them together!

Sally & Dusty Hamblin

MichelleY said...

Love you Holly! Get better soon so I can come see you and that cute baby boy of yours.

Lori said...

Holly, you always were amazing and continue to be. We love you so much and can't wait to get you here where I can feed you if I want to, (without a nurse getting after me). ha ha! You are such a sweet wife and mother and Heavenly Father has blessed you so much, and will continue to bless you. Have a great day and I will see you soon.
Love Mom

maelynn said...

Hi guys,
When I read that you read all of the comments to holly, I wished I could think of something funny to type. But I can't.
You're definitely all in our prayers, even our dinner ones! (thanks would go to Micah)
We think about you constantly and are hoping for the best.
Let me know if I need to bring you up some Panda Express!☺
L♥ve you all!
Maelynn, Clark, Micah, and Joah

Jacob said...

Holly

Hang in there friend. Your family has been so amazing through all this. We are keeping you in our prayers.

I will make you a deal, when this I all over I will really destroy the copy of that video of all you girls on that cabin retreat from high school. :)

Jeni said...

Holly and Robert,

We are so sorry about all the problems. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you dearly!

Love,
Bart & Jeni

Natalie said...

Yoko Rules!!!!!
Love you Holly. Let me know what I can do to help. I've been thinking about you a lot and I know you will get through this. You are an amazing person.

Love,
Natalie

PS. Your family is so cute!