Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Something to smile about

So Holly did a post a while back with this title so I thought I would steal it. So they did the heart test and the cardiologist found a hole in her heart. So while it stinks that she has a hole in her heart, at least we know what caused the clot. The cardiologist said he has no doubt that is what caused it. They will do a procedure down in Phoenix that basically plugs the hole. The cardiologist said it is a low risk procedure. She will be released some time today and then we will pack her up and come down to Mesa.

I am so happy that they found a cause instead of just blaming it on the pregnancy because they couldn't find anything else, and that it can be fixed. She only has to be on aspirin until her procedure and some pain medication if she is having head pain. She will start outpatient therapy as soon as we can get it set up. Holly is a little worried about keeping up with the kids. She still gets very tired easily. The occupational therapist said that she thinks she has 85-90% of her motor skills and that it should come back as she works on it. Speech may take longer and I know she is concerned about that.

She is excited to see our kids and we will probably see some of you soon. Hopefully she can be the blogger again soon so you don't have to hear from me anymore. Thanks again to everyone.

42 comments:

Jacob said...

Holly

Keep on trucking Girl.

The world needs you to get keep getting better so you can continue to sing and play the piano with your beautiful/talented family. Your like the Freaking Van Traps. :)

Your still in our thoughts, good luck with the exodus to mesa.

Anonymous said...

so so happy about the new news! mom & dad are just leaving to come get ya holl! hang in there, we love you!!!

jmcrosby said...

That is great news. We are always happy to help out with your cute little family. See you soon.

kemptons said...

Holly it is so good to hear that you are doing better. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week. I hope things continue to go well.

Jill Wright said...

Holly,
We're so glad that they were able to find out what the cause of the blood clot was. That's such good news. We can't wait to see your new little man, and would love to have the girls over to play. You're in our prayers.
Jill

Sparks Haven said...

Hi Guys,

Something to smile about for sure!!! Our love and best wishes go with you Holly. We hope to see you Nathan and the girls soon. Robert, we hope that you don't stop blogging altogether. It is good to hear more from you and you have done a masterful job of keeping all of us that love and care about your family up to date and involved. Thank you.

Love Dad

Melis said...

Melissa (Roit) Miles here. I just want you to know that you are in Rob & I's thoughts & prayers!

Lots of love to you & your sweet lil' family!

Jeni said...

Keep going Holly! You are amazing! We know it will turn out alright in the end; this is just part of the refiner's fire. All will be well! We are praying for you here!

Peg and Parker said...

Yay! A cause and a treatment! You will be back on your feet in no time. We hope to see you very soon.

Ironygirl said...

We will continue to pray for you. Also, Amber Rhoton offered to babysit the girls for you. I will be back after Spring Break and do the same. I'll call you when I get back.

The Ashby Family said...

Hi Holly! I am so excited to hear you are doing so great! Your awesome and you are in our prayers! Love ya!

Brittany

Peggy Merrell said...

Holly and Robert, We heard about your situation from Cindy, and you have all been in our prayers constantly. We are so grateful the doctors have found a cause and can now go from there. Please know that we love you and are praying for you and your sweet little family. I would be so happy to watch children, or whatever needs to be done to help out! Please call on me.
Love, Peggy Merrell and family

The Standrings said...

i am glad they found they cause because now they can fix it! good luck with the procedure. hope all goes well, we will continue to pray for you guys!
april

Kristen said...

Well, I'm so glad that you finally know the cause of all this. I think it probably was such a blessing that Nathan was born early. Robert, how are you coping with school? Your posts are always so calm and optimistic--I have to hand it to you. Anyway, we're praying for you both and are so relieved to hear of Holly's progress.

Juliette said...

I love you Holly - you look great and I can't wait to live by you and your cute fam once again.

Cindy Spratling said...

Yay, you are coming to Mesa and now I can see you! We (Darby, Emily, Sandy, and I) got together and missed you. We are all praying for you and thinking about you Holls. See ya soon.

cheryl said...

Just wanted to leave a quick note & let you know all of you have been in my thoughts & prayers. I will continue to pray for you. Have a safe trip to Mesa. So happy that they found the cause & can get it taken care of! Good luck with your boards,Robert--the Lord will bless you & you will pass with flying colors!!
Cheryl
(I'm a friend of Amy, Becky & your mom)

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

Glad to hear good news! We have been praying for you and will continue too. If there is anything I can do let me know, if your family needs help watching the girls while they are in mesa I would love too. We love you and wish you well! (Baby Nathan is so cute)

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad-
we love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Get better soon mom!
Love Carter and Gabby :)

Suzy Cummard said...

WOW!! Good to hear that.
Like everyone else- you have been in our families thoughts & prayers! The girls can / NEED to come over - anytime!! Can Carter come now on Sat. ? I have a few extra dresses!
Seriously Holly- feel better!!! You scared me!
I know you are being watched over.

Lincoln and Anna said...

Glad to hear the news and that it can be treated.

You guys are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

If there is anything we can do or anything you need (from the WESTSIDE), just let us know!

Robert, thanks for keeping us updated! As you can imagine, we were dying to know how you guys we doing, and we were dying to head up there, but we didn't want to be in the way.

Anna and I are thrilled at the progress you are making. We're in it for the long haul with you, girl!

Linc & Anna

Derick and Becky said...

We are so glad for the good news. The fact that they found what was wrong is so nice instead of just guessing it may be something else! My cousin just had that same procedure done to plug a hole she had. All her family decided to check to see if they had the holes because someone else in their family did. They did it as a procautionary thing so that just in case they would have to go through anything like this. We are so glad things are coming along and you get to be with your kids!!! Hang in there!

Katie and Howard said...

So nice that the doctors have found the reason for the clot. You guys have been in our prayers continually.
Robert-you are so good for updating the blog for all of us to read. Your blogs are so optimistic which is reassuring.
Let us know if we need anything.

Kalene said...

Hi Holly- My Dad told me what happend! We are praying for you and your sweet family. Your little boy is sooo cute! Love the picture of the first suns game! Too cute-Hope you have a safe trip home!:)

big.bald.dave said...

I'm so glad the doctors were able to pinpoint the cause - that's great news. Thanks for the update! You are in our prayers always.

The Jarheads said...

Sparks Family,
It is so good to read of your progress. It seems you are moving along quickly. Believe me there will be ups and downs but it will be good to come home to mesa and be with your family. Give us a call if you have any questions and things you want to talk about. Everyone 's stroke is different but alot is the same. Having lived through this just in August and still trying to live through it now.
Love, Rob and Julie Jarvis

Rachel said...

Holly, I was shocked to hear about your stroke and am happy to see some good news here. I'm so sorry you have to go through such an awful experience! Our prayers are with you and your family.

granny said...

Our prayers continue for you and your family, Holly. Such happy news that they found something they can fix! Let us know if we can help in any way.

MichelleY said...

I am so glad they found the problem and can fix it for you! Keep getting better - see you soon :)

Lindsey said...

What a relief to finally have a solid answer! We are praying for you guys.
Lots of Love,
Lindsey & Kolter

*Amy * said...

Goodness, I had no idea any of this had happened! We have been out of town so I haven't seen anyone. Holly, I am so sorry you had to go through this and we will keep you and your family in our prayers. If there is anything you need help with don't hesitate to call. I hope this all works out soon, sounds like they are figuring things out so that is good news at least! Sounds like you have a wonderful family who is helping you. Get better soon. Amy

Case said...

Holly We LOVE YOU! I'm so glad they are able to know how to help you. You are a trooper.
And Robert, it's not so bad hearing from you on here. You might just have to become a consistent blogger yourself :)
Well, keep up the goodness...you guys are awesome. LOTS of LOVE in your direction.

tricia said...

Hope you are settled in Mesa, and that the headaches will decrease. We are down for a week and can help in any way with the girls. My children have called to see how you're all doing. You're remembered in lots of prayers. Rest well, though the therapists might have another idea. Love to All.

Anonymous said...

Holly & Robert ~ So happy to read your wonderful progress and news! While at the Snowflake Temple last evening, added your names to the prayer list. Our daily prayers are with you, and know you will have lots of TLC in the valley. We are thinking of you.
Lots of love, Joanne & Sam

Jenn said...

Holly-
I am happy to hear the good news. You are in my prayers!!!

Jewelia Eagar said...

This is good news, will we see you guys monday night? Hope you're hanging in there holly, let us know how we can help :)

Patterson Family said...

I'm smiling! Holly I love you and if anyone can handle 3 kids with only 85-90% of their motor skills it's you! I have always been amazed by you and looked up to you! Let me know how I can help...I know you are amazing and all but I would love to see you and your kids anyways. Robert I always love it when the husbands leave a post, you should still do it anyways.

Mary Frost said...

I just got back into town, even though we will miss you in Flagstaff, I am happy that you are surrounded by those who have loved you for so long. The reports on your blog sound so encouraging. I pray that Heavenly Father will continue to bless you.
With lots of love!
Mary Frost

Breanna Gaylord said...

holly i heard about you from my dad. you have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Hamblins said...

Hey guys,
Thanks for keeping everyone updated. Your family is so loved by everyone. We would love to have the girls over!!! Devin is in love with both of them. Elaine tells us that Nathan is perfect. We need to get a picture of alllllllllll of the babies.

Sally & Dusty

Shelbi Whittaker said...

hey Holly i just wanted you to know that Im thinking about you. I hope everything is going good and you are feeling better. love ya! Shelbi

Kisha Atkin said...

Holly,

What in the world - we move to Texas and THEN this happens! Oh how i wish i was there to do something for you. However, you and yours are in our prayers. We miss you and wish you nothing but the best with your procedure. Keep it up girl, you are strong and can do anything! Thanks for the great updates, Robert! Hope you've snuck in some madness games this year :) Take care.

Chris, Kisha and James