The neurologist and another doctor came in today and both of them said that at this point they are thinking Holly was in a hypercoagulability state due to pregnancy and is why she developed a clot. They are still going to do the heart test tomorrow to make sure there is nothing wrong with her heart. There are also other blood tests that need to come back that will give them a better picture. Once we get to the valley, we will get other opinions as well.
Holly did really well today. She walked down the hall with the physical therapist using a walker. She walked straight and did it by herself. She said she feels like an old lady though. She sat in a chair and read all of the new comments we had and checked a few other blogs. After a nap, I made her go for another walk down the hall and she did fine. Our wonderful pediatrician came and talked to her on her own time. She assured her it was OK for Nathan to use formula. We are going to watch the Office later because we have missed a few episodes. She is looking forward to that.
Both physical therapy and the doctors said that as long as nothing comes up on the heart test, there is no reason she can't go home tomorrow. We will see how that goes. She is a little apprehensive to leave because she can't do normal things completely yet but I assured her that she will get lots of help. So right now it is possible that we will be in Mesa sometime late tomorrow or early Thursday. Thank you all for your comments, concern and prayers.
Oh and she is mad at Jacob for still having that tape.
25 comments:
This is all the greatest news!!! You have recovered so quickly and well. I know prayers are heard. I love your family!
so i was completely shocked to read your blog today and find out all this news! i'm so sorry for what you guys are going through! my thoughts and prayers are with you! sounds like you're improving in leaps and bounds already-and if anyone can get through this, it's you, Holly!!!! hang in there. i'm glad you'll get to be around your family. meg
Wow I agree with the above comment. I had no idea what you guys have been going through. I am so glad she is okay so far. Our prayers are definitely with you.
Feel better Holls!! theres nothing a bit of dwight schrute can't fix!! get better soon!!
You are both so amazing! Glad to hear Holly is improving.
Love,
Liz
Glad you are able to go home to be with family soon! It sounds like you are doing good, getting up and going on walks-You are amazing!
YES it is ok for Nathan to use formula! Guess you didn't like my offer to nurse your baby! haha. I told Amy I would!:)
Hope you got to watch some Office tonight & got some good laughs in!
Holly! I am so grateful to hear the good news! What an amazing blessing to have so much wonderful family there to help you. They love you so much and we love you too and will continue to pray for you and for your family.
We are so glad that we got to talk to you tonight. Your girls are super cute and so fun to watch with Raylin. We will see you soon. Love you so much!!
Holly, I'm glad you're hanging in there...you're amazing! You've been in our thoughts and prayers every day and I hope you continue to do better. By the way, I haven't looked at your blog before...it's so cute and your baby is beatiful!
Holly,
So great to hear this update! You have been in my thoughts since Sunday when I found out! I was chatting with Amy today and she told me you were going to be coming back to Mesa. Just know that my family will continue to keep you in our prayers! You are so amazing! I know that God will continue to bless you in your recovery.
P.S. Just think about Yoko's, sleeping on the trampoline, stalking boys, the wolf, walking in the rain, your mom tumbling in your back yard!!! So many memories! Love you and praying for you!
Holly it really sounds as though miracles are happening. I realize i can in no way comprehend all that you have been through or all that you will go through, but what a miracle that you have recuperated as much as you have in this short period of time. Heavenly Father is watching out for you and your precious family. He loves you and your sweet babies so much! what a blessing too that you have such a wonderful caring loving and fun family to take care of you. I am praying for you.
Beth Jarman
For the record:
I gave the tape back to somebody in 2001, I don't have it (I wish I did, one day when one of you are famous I could have sold it to TMZ).
I have matured since then, not much, but a little.
Keep getting better Holly!
Just remember what Michael Scott says, “They say laughter is the best medicine so Stanley you can throw away those pills. You’re cured.”
--jacob
Many thoughts and prayers coming your way from us. Wishing you a quick recovery so you can get back to those cute kiddos.
Kristen & Tanner
We love you! ---Dad and Diane
Dear Holly, I am amazed at how much progress you are making. Do you know what an amazing girl you are? We have always loved you and your wonderful group of friends from MHS and the "hood". Sad that you have to face this challenge now, but you have a huge support team waiting to help in any way we can. The Moffats all send their love and prayers your way.
Peg
Sounds like very promising news!! Holly, you are in our thoughts and prayers! We love you!
P.S. I think the office can cure anything...enjoy! :)
This is Lucy Perkins, Theresa's sister. We want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You have a beautiful family.
We are glad Holly is doing better. It sounds like you are all in good spirits. I never am able to watch The Office on TV. I always get it on the internet without commercials. Plus I can pause it. http://www.hulu.com/the-office
Check it out.
Hey Holly I have Landon on formula and he is doing great. I actually struggled with the idea before he was born. I was having NO desire to go and get anything nursing related even though I really wanted to nurse. It was as though Heavenly Father wanted me to come to him about nursing, so I did. When I finally decided on formula feeding I was overcome with a sense of peace from the spirit. Heavenly Father has reasurred me that he will make up for whatever Landon is not getting in formula. It has been the best thing for me emotionally right now with having a c-section. Heavenly Father is well aware of Nathans needs and he will provide. Hope to see you soon so we can get our boys together. Mine will look HUGE compared to Nathan:)
michael scott + leprechaun suit = amazing!!!
It is NOT okay that the "tape" is out there somewhere! But besides that, I am so glad to hear that things are looking good Holly. Keep being strong. Can't wait to see you when you come down! In the mean time, we are praying for you and your family. Love ya.
Dear Sparks Family: I'm so glad to find out I can send my thoughts to you on your blog comments...Didn't even think about it until now...Duh! Your mom just called and told me about the good news/bad news about the heart thing. Bad news to have to have surgery but great news that A: they know what probably caused the stroke and B: hopefully no more migraines! Thank goodness for fine doctors, medical technology, and prayers. You are all in our prayers! Can't wait until you all get down here. Can't wait to hold that sweet little spark! Love, Karen and all of the Hatches
Good news travels fast, and we're very happy you will soon get to go home. Life certainly throws us some curve-balls, doesn't it? I'm sure Nathan will be happy to have his mama home. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Holly,
WE LOVE YOU!!!! We have been thinking of you and praying for you every day since we heard what happened. We are so happy to hear things are improving at such a rapid pace - what a blessing! It is okay to feel discouraged and self conscious though - you are entitled! I remember when I got Bells Palsy - I was fine the first few days and feeling really positive, but once it sunk in that I didn't know how long I'd have to deal with it, I was very discouraged and down in the dumps. I know that my experience with Bells Palsy can't even compare to the scare you probably went through and are going through with a stroke, but just know that you will get better! And it's okay to feel sorry for yourself. Just know that we all love you and your BEAUTIFUL self.
Keep up the good work girl - we are all witnessing a miracle with you!
Love,
Lindsey & Kolter
Holly,
We love you! We were shocked at the news Saturday, but are thrilled that you are improving each day. We fell to our knees when we heard, and we decided to do a special fast on Sunday, because we knew that we needed the Lord on this one, and we knew that he would definitely come to your aid. Won't this be wonderful if it helps you not have the migraines? We have our fingers crossed for you. We ARE witnessing a miracle with you! In the meantime, take it slow and easy and watch as much Office as you possibly can! We are excited to see you and to give you a great big HUG when we see you. Also, we are dying to see your cute little Nathan. Nathan and Lane will be great little buddies.
We love you and Robert and are so proud of you for your courage and strength to get through this.
Linc & Anna
Post a Comment