Sunday, March 15, 2009

Update on Holly

As some of you may know, Holly suffered a small stroke on Sat. morning 3-14-09. She woke up with pain in her head, numbness on her right side and face, and slurred speech. Shortly after she woke up I called 911 and the paramedics came and got her. The MRI revealed a small clot in the area of her cerebellum. At this point, we are waiting for more tests to come back to try and figure out what caused it. She is stable and has been able to answer questions the entire time. Her main clinical signs are dizziness when she is moved around and slurred speech which is consistent to where she had her clot.

She received a blessing from her Bishop and myself, and from that I am optimistic that she will be able to recover without many lasting effects if any at all. The doctors at this point also confirm that feeling. They are monitoring her in ICU and it is likely she will move today or tomorrow to a recovery area. Her speech is improving every time we talk to her as she gets used to it. The girls are doing good. They did see the paramedics take her but I just told them that Mom wasn't feeling good and that some guys were going to come get her and take her to the doctor. They don't really understand what's going on but they know that their mom isn't feeling good. They were happy to see all of Holly's family that came up to help.

We are so happy that Nathan came to us a little early (his due date was the 13th). He continues to be the best baby ever and is growing and doing fine even though his diet changed a little. We have had so much help already and I'm sure we will get even more. We appreciate it all! The plan is to have the girls go to Mesa to be with family, while my mom comes to help us up here with the baby. I know many of you want to help and the best thing you can do at this point is to pray for Holly. She really is doing pretty well and I will update as soon as anything changes.

29 comments:

big.bald.dave said...

Robert, Holly - we are praying for you both. Of course let us know if there is anything we can do beyond that.

•stephanie• said...

many many many many prayers coming your way. thanks so much for the update, and although we understand that you are busy busy busy, we appreciate any info you can share.

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Holly and family, im so sorry to hear this! I heard about it last night and I havent been able to get you off my mind. We will keep you in our prayers. Get well soon Holly!
love ya Shelbi

Jeni said...

So very sorry to hear about Holly. We will definitely keep her and your family in our prayers.

Much Love to Your Family!

MichelleY said...

We are praying for Holly and your family, and hope that she gets well really soon. We love you Holly!

Sandy said...

We heard the news this morning and have been praying for Holly ever since. We will continue praying for a speedy recovery.

M & S Eagar said...

Thank you so much for the update. We're so happy to hear of your faith and optimism in spite of your difficult situation. Matt and I fasted today for your whole family and will continue to keep you in our prayers....plus call Helen approximately 5 times a day for updates. :)

lizlaughs said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. We have been thinking about you and praying for you all!!! I happened to be at the temple last night and was able to put her name on the prayer roll. We love you guys! - Liz

Diane Sparks said...

We are happy that you have such good support, and so many praying for Holly and all of you. Our prayers join with all the others, at least we can do that much! We will be happy and willing to help with anything and everything---please ask when you know there is something we can help with. Love, Dad and Diane

Derick and Becky said...

Thanks for the update, we are praying for you Holly.

Derick and Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beth said...

Oh that is such good news. i am praying for you.
(i am amy's coworker)
Beth Jarman

Cindy Spratling said...

Love ya Holly! Glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep being strong!

Heidi said...

Holly, I am praying for you and your family! I know God will watch over you. He can do all things! Glad to hear you are doing so well.

maccam said...

We, too, are keeping you guys in our prayers! We are glad to hear Holly's speech is getting better and things look good as to full recovery. Let us know if you would like us to help in anyway! Love, The Moffats (Mac and Cammy)

Kendall said...

I am so sorry. You guys are in my prayers. I pray that you will be comforted during this extremely difficlut time.

Lindsey said...

We are happy to hear Holly is improving. We will keep praying for her and your family. We love you guys so much!

Emilie said...

What shocking news! We'll be adding our prayers to the others. Its amazing the miracles that can happen with a little Faith and Prayers... Thanks for the update.

Tara said...

I've been praying for you since I heard on Saturday. I love you Holly, and will keep you in my prayers.

Katie and Howard said...

We are continually praying for her and your family. We love you guys!

Ironygirl said...

I was so sorry to hear about Holly. We will definitely keep you all in our prayers. Let me know if you need help with anything. I will be here until Tues. morning, and in and out until Friday. I know you have your big test next week- let me know if you need help so you can study if you are still going to be able to take it.

Emily K Jacob A said...

We are praying for you too! We love you both and wish a speedy recovery for sweet Holly. And yes, please let us know if there's anything more we can do for you. You're all in our thoughts!

Lisa said...

Love you Holly!!!

tricia said...

Hi Robert,

We were glad to read your update. Sherwood has kept us posted and this instant communication we all have today has come in very handy. We commend you on your quick action. It makes all the difference in lasting effects from a stroke. Give Holly our love!

Jill Wright said...

Robert and Holly,
You are in our prayers daily and want you to know that we're here to help you any way we can. We love you!
Jill and Jeremy

Lori Taylor said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers!
Thanks for the update. So sorry to hear you are going through this. You guys will do it - you both have wonderful families and I hope you feel of all the love and support and prayers coming your way from many who love you and are hoping the best for your sweet family.

Unknown said...

We have been praying very hard for not only Holly, but also that Nathan will have a good transition. We pray for Carter and Gabby to be helpful and supportive. We also pray that Robert will do well on his test that he is supposed to be studying for. I feel similar to the blessing that was given to Holly, that everything will turn out great. I know this will end up being a growing experience. Robert, don't be afraid to ask for a blessing for you. If you need, I can come and give you one. We love you.

David said...

It makes me feel so good to see all the people that love you and are praying for your family. I just wanted to say I am also praying for your family, especially Holly and hope Heavenly Father's Hand will continue touch all your lives during these times.

Kristen said...

Know that we love your little family and that you are in our thoughts and prayers.