Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Just being honest


Tonight, I was trying to play some songs in the Children's songbook and my Dad had the following conversation with Carter:


Carter: That piano playing in there is really bad.
Dad: Why is it bad?
Carter: Because it's my Mom playing.
Dad: So why does that make it bad?
Carter: Because she had a sloke! (Not a typo)


Leave it to the 5-year-old to tell it like it is.

14 comments:

Kendall said...

I love this post. Kids and their honesty...it's priceless. I'm so impressed and humbled by your strength. You are a great example to me. Your kids are lucky to have such a great mom. Keep getting better :). You are still in my prayers.

Lisa said...

Awwww...such honesty! I'm sure it was not bad piano playing:) I am sooooooo glad you are doing much better. You are in my prayers EVERY day! Love you lots!

Staci said...

haha. I love your kids! I just KNOW that with time, your piano playing will become "good" again!!! Keep your chin up! You are amazing!

Cindy Spratling said...

Oh Carter. She is so dang funny. Maybe now that your piano playing is "bad" we could play a duet together. Whatever, I still wouldn't be able to keep up. Well, keep being strong. Thanks for your previous post. I really needed to hear that talk again too. I love conference. Talk to you soon.

MichelleY said...

So glad you are getting back to your old self and walking and playing the piano. You Rock RT!

tricia said...

Reminds me of the time I was reading a story to Hayes after we had just awakened. He was somewhere around two, and soon he started dry heaving. When I asked him what the matter was, he pointed to my mouth. (My morning breath) Yeah, you gotta love these kids. They are confidence builders.

myndie said...

holly,

i am glad to hear you are making so much progress. i know so many people have been concerned for you here. we will miss your cute family. i am impressed with your positive attitude. we continue to pray for you.

Kelly said...

I was so glad to find your blog again after so long. I am so sorry to hear about your stroke and Im relieved that you are going to be okay. Your family is beautiful and we are so glad for you that you can be back in Mesa. We wish we were still your neighbors! Keep feeling better and our prayers are with your family!

Jacob said...

It was so good to see you guys.

Carter is funny. I made a funny like that when I was her age. The family's first girl was brought home from the hospital and I told all the friends and family that she was "bwoken." Because she wasn't a boy :)

I figured it out.

Keep on trucking girl, good luck with the heart surgery through the straw thing.

Unknown said...

Hahaha!!!so cute!
You are a happy mother. I am glad that you start to play piano. I always think that people who play piano are super smart. Because you use both hands to play and your eyes read all the different notes for both hands to play all at the smae time. Plus you count the beat in order to play the music right and beautiful. YOU ARE SO SMART.
I love you.

Mandy

Adam and Jessica Cooley said...

Hey at least you're playing the piano! Even though kids can be brutally honest, they are also the best examples of unconditional love. Your girls are absolutely beautiful and I loved the photo shoots of all of them down below! We are thinking of you guys!!

maelynn said...

Cute!
I would bet money that your "post-stroke" piano playing still beats my skills on the piano! You are gifted!
I'm so glad that we could see you guys the other day! You look GREAT!
Keep up the good work!
Oh yeah, and that story reminded me of something that Micah said the other day regarding strokes. I'll have to tell you later though. Not sure it's appropriate for the blog!

kemptons said...

I've learned my lesson more than once that 5 year olds are sometimes too honest. It is so great to hear that you are doing better! You have been and still are in my prayers.

Melinda said...

We want you to know that our family is thinking of you and that you are in our prayers. AND your children are adorable and your Easter pictures are really cute too!