Monday, April 06, 2009

Long post, no pics...sorry

What a crazy couple of weeks we've had! We have been to lots of Dr.'s and called HUNDREDS of others trying to get things taken care of. Trying to coordinate appts for a Primary Care Dr, Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Nuerologist, Hematologist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist and Speech Therapist is tiring, to say the least. We still don't have a date for surgery but hopefully by the end of the week we'll know a little more info. I'm still making huge improvements though! Ex: Last night, I starting walking without a walker (still a little shaky but not bad). Writing is getting a little better, even though my 5 year old can still write better than me. Plus, I finally have some tone back in my voice and am not so monotone. I'm even talking at almost normal speeds. Yay!
We also made the big move from Flagstaff this weekend and are permanent Mesa residents once again. It was extremely humbling to have good friends and some of Robert's classmates and teachers help pack up our house for us. I am going to get teary-eyed just thinking about it. We had lots of help loading up and unloading here in Mesa (not to mention that they loaded up during a blizzard in Flag!). We are so, so grateful for all the help we have recieved. Thank you!
During this crazy time, I was especially grateful for the conference messages we got to listen to this weekend. There is nothing that will make you feel as peaceful, reassured, and inspired to do better than the words and testimony of the Prophet. I really liked Pres. Eyrings talk on Saturday morning. It reminded me that Christ is always with us through our trials and that there is something to be learned from every situation. I have been trying to stay positive and look for the blessings that have come from our recent turn of events. It is amazing how much good can come from our trials! To listen to Pres. Eyrings talk go here: http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1032,00.html

8 comments:

maelynn said...

Holly, I am so glad to hear things are getting better EVERYday!
I am also so glad that you live closer now!
I loved conference and that talk too!
Your post made me feel like my post about Yo Gabba Gabba is pretty insignificant...and dumb! You're a good example to me!

Tara said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy that you are progressing and getting better every day. I will continue to pray for your sweet family. I also loved Elder Eyrings talk. It's still tough though to be grateful for our trials sometimes. Keep your chin up. HUGS

tenney_fam said...

I am so glad things are going better. Hopefully the surgery will happen soon and things will start going faster so I don't have to be the only wife at the banquet. I can't believe you guys are really gone. It has been so weird to not see you guys for so long. I'm glad we at least got to see the girls for a little bit. It was so fun and your sweet, sweet mom almost had me in tears! Hopefully we will be down in a few weeks and will be able to come and see you! Wow that was alomost as long as your blog! :)

Unknown said...

I am so happy to know that you have huge improvment on speaking speed. I know that it is because you have a great faith in God. We all love you and continue praying for you, expecially Faith and Solomon they are praying diligently for you in every prayer they say. They have big love for you.

Love,
Mandy

Jeni said...

Holly,

we are thrilled to hear that you are doing so much better! What strong faith you have! You and your sweet family continue to be in our prayers. Hopefully we will see you at the family reunion in July?

Love,
The Brockbanks

Katie and Howard said...

I'm so glad you are progressing!!! Your positive attitude is so inspiring.

Staci said...

You are AMAZING! Glad you are staying optimistic! Can't wait to come over & visit! i wanted to let you get settled, but I can't wait to see you and the new little guy:)

I'm glad you guys were able to get all moved this weekend!

You are in my prayers every day!

Anonymous said...

Holly, I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family. Nathan is such a little angel. You are in my prayers. Yes, conference was amazing and very uplifting. It's so wonderful to have the knowledge we do and that we can communicate to our Heavenly Father whenever we need him.